Coughing is a reflex action of respiratory system’s sensory nerves that flushes out foreign particles and irritants from entering respiratory organ of body. Dry cough is very common ailment affecting large number of people especially with the onset of chilly weather. Dry cough is extremely irritating which tends to get worsen up during night time. There are number of factors that causes dry cough. These are change in temperature, lack of humidity, side effects of certain medications, chronic smoking or inhalation of cigarette smoke. Other causes of dry cough are postnatal drips syndrome, common cold, sinus infection, asthma, pulmonary diseases and allergic rhinitis. But fret not! There are number of home remedies that can help you to get rid of dry cough in easy manner and they are written below-have a look!
- Gargling with salt water is an effective remedy for dry cough. For this, add pinch of salt to warm water and gargle with it several times in a day. It will resolve throat infection and provide god relief from dry cough. Even drinking lots of lukewarm water helps in relieving pain caused by dry cough. For better results, you can mix 1 tsp of honey with water.
- Ginger root is another effective herb that helps in treating dry cough. You can chew piece of ginger root or drink tea prepared using ginger root herb for getting rid of dry cough. For better results, mix extracts of ginger root with honey.
- Hot beverages like herbal teas also prove effective in reliving in throat infection. Catnip tea, lemongrass tea and chamomile tea for reducing dry cough symptoms. Boil these herbs in water and strain out the juices. Drink 1 cup of tea every night before sleeping for getting relief from dry cough.
- Dry cough can also be treated using apple cider vinegar. Just stir in 2-3 tbsp of apple cider vinegar in glass of water and drink this solution to get relief dry cough and throat irritation.
- Almonds are excellent home remedy for dry cough. Soak few almonds at night. Next morning, peel off the skins and relish almonds in form of nutty paste. You can also eat almond butter to get relief from dry cough.
- To treat dry cough in children, add honey to warm milk or grape juice. Give this solution to children twice a day to cure dry cough.
Home Remedies To Prevent Cough
With the approaching winters, cold and cough could get really annoying while you are trying to make the most productive of your working day. A dripping nose or a number of sneezes of dry cough would be the last factor you want while you are delivering an essential presentation at workplace or while you are concerned in an extremely essential meeting which could be a milestone for your career. Becoming ready with preventive actions for such issues could be a smarter way to maintain your well being in check while you head to the other essential duties.
Comprehending the root cause of cough and cold will permit a further evaluation of ways to remedy or prevent it. Chilly and cough are generally brought on due a established of rhino-viruses that infect the cells lining the nose and then begin to reproduce. A weak immune system provides such viruses, a opportunity to attack the body and create a mess. However, cough and cold are generally recognized to remedy by itself within a 7 days. It does not need a horde of contemporary medicines that do more harm to your body than good. But, spending a 7 days with cold and cough could also be quite annoying when that 1 7 days is essential for your expert growth. Therefore, it is much better to undertake preventive actions via a couple of house remedies that are secure and effective.
We Indians are blessed with a number of house remedies to remedy cough which consist of, having a cup of warm natural tea with squirted lemon and a spoon of honey. Honey coats the irritated throat and minimizes the cough. In addition to, chewing a small piece of new ginger is also very effective to battle cough. It will gradually reduce the impulse to cough.
However, the master of all house remedies for dry cough is Cod Liver Oil. Its medicinal properties have been used because generations for various ailments. Even today scientists maintain on discovering newer traits of this oil that can be used to deal with various sicknesses and diseases.
Cod liver oil includes wealthy quantities of Vitamin A, Vitamin D and Omega 3 fatty acids EPA & DHA. Omega 3 is stated to assist in giving reduction from a consistent cold and cough by combating those rhino-viruses, while vitamin A not only assists in sustaining a wholesome overall growth but also contributes in strengthening the immune system. With a powerful immune system, cold and cough will be distant relatives and even if they visit you as soon as in a while, cod liver all does all that it requires to battle them off and bid them a farewell soon sufficient.
With the assist of contemporary advancements, this oil is now accessible as a complement that has been refined from its crude type, while retaining all its healing properties. Cod liver oil is made accessible in the type of liquid as nicely as soluble capsules. It is simple to consume and leaves your body in the fittest condition to battle all the viruses causing cold and cough. This oil is also recognized for its miraculous properties of healing numerous significant life threatening diseases. So in case of cold and cough, you can rely on this natural house remedy blindly, but obviously avoiding an overdose of it!
Do you feel that the information that you have just read satisfies your curiosity about the subject? If so, send us a message of affirmation. However, if you feel that there is a need for improvement, please also let us know where we can add more details. It is our goal to make this site the best resource for the subject. Your feedback will be highly appreciated!